Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting Ready

After months of preparation and a last minute problem with the people that I was going to stay with, I am OFFICIALLY going to Peru!!! I am driving down to San Francisco in exactly a week, and will fly out the next morning, on January 30th.

It has been a challenge not to know whether or not I would be going for sure up until a week before I am supposed to leave, but it has definitely taught me that nothing is ever permanent and all you can do is try your best. In the end I also realized that wherever I am, I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

My new host family lives only two blocks from my school (San Jorge de Miraflores) and also just a 10 minute walk from the market and main shopping center in Lima. They seem like absolutely wonderful people, and are excited to have me in their home despite the fact that it was so last minute. I feel so lucky to be able to stay with them!

Well, I am off to go pack... I am planning to update my blog when I arrive in Lima and then once or twice a week, but we'll see how well I keep up that :)

Thank you to everyone who has helped me to put my exchange trip together during all the chaos and confusion. I am very grateful to you all, and will miss you!

3 comments:

  1. Yahoo!!! I am so happy for you, and you have shown amazing grace and perserverence!! Congratulations! Your hard work does pay off, sometimes in ways we cannot forsee!! I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures and seeing you in Peru in March!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. allo sierra =D have a good time in peru, we should hang or something before you leave though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what Sierra? It is grey, overcast and raining in Ashland, not quiet cold enough to be snowing in town, just like it was last week...

    ReplyDelete